Wednesday 23 March 2011

Are you feeling lucky?

This year has been an amazing start to 2011 and already I am reaching my goals and dreams, only yesterday I received more extremely exciting news but at the moment I need to keep that one a secret! And, I am almost certain the first thing which pops into your head is ‘pregnant, babies’ but no, I am most definitely not expecting! Since getting married in October people think this is the next logical step and every time I post on Facebook about being happy or excited people instantly ask ‘are you pregnant?’ No, I am excited about life, where I am in my life and about my future. I most definitely want to be a mummy one day but right now I have goals and dreams that I want and need to achieve before I think about that stage in my life, I am still only 24! I have a plan about where my life is heading, don’t get me wrong, I am not naïve enough to think my life will follow my plans to the letter but at least with a plan I am going in the right direction. Anyway, getting back on track, my point is that after receiving this amazing news it led me to ask my husband the question ‘do you ever think we are due some bad luck’ to which he replied no! and here I will explain.

Jamie went on to point out that we were both made redundant months after buying our first home at 20 years old, for the past 3 years we have had a broken boiler with no heating, we have had our fair share of what some might call ‘bad luck’ but my response was to the effect of ‘oh yes, I didn’t really see them as problems’ but when I look at others, their lives seem to be full of negative feelings, a hate for their life and a stream of bad luck. Last night I learnt that life is seen from how we think, for example If you have a problem, the actual problem is that you are looking at it as a problem. It could be something else, such as an opportunity. If you are negative, you look at everything in your life as a negative. Someone else will see those negatives as an opportunity.

I want to show people that a positive attitude creates positive results, I feel like the luckiest person in the world right now, I have an amzing life filled with love and laughter, a fantastic relationship with my husband and family, my business seems to be going in the right direction plus more secret news! and sometimes I feel guilty at my happiness because so many other people seem to be so sad and are struggling but in reality our lives aren’t so different to one anothers, we all live in the same world. I am not lucky, I only look at everything in a positive manor and choose to be happy but if others chose to only see the negatives then that is their choice. Try to start seeing the positives in life and make a shift in your thinking, I am sure you will then see a change in your life.

There is no such thing as bad luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment