Thursday 29 September 2011

Decorex International 2011


This was my first year visiting Decorex and I can assure you it will not be my last! For those of you who could not visit here is a little insight. And my favourite parts............





The theme for this year was 'cherished places'. We all need a cherished place, somewhere to escape the daily struggles, to let our mind become free of everyday stresses and strains and Decorex certainly had plenty of contributors to help us create our 'cherished places'.






The different lighting stands absolutely took my breathe away, I'm like a little magpie drawn to all the big sparkly lights! The design of some of the lights were incredible. And the image above left, as soon as I saw this particular design, I knew exactly who created this work of art, Roast Designs. Unique and beautiful, not something you will forget in a hurry! And I can't tell you how happy I was finding the fabric swatches and wall coverings, it was heaven. I had to touch everything! I couldn't stop myself.

There was one stand in particular which I was rather drawn too, I have deliberately not mentioned them in this post but I have plenty to show you in another!


























There was so much to see, walking around the 2nd time I found things which I missed first time round, and there were so many seminars which I would have loved to attend but I could visit 1 day. I feel like I missed so much, especially when Twitter friends were tweeting from the show. I was jealous. Next year, I'll allow another day.......... or 2! I could have stayed forever, but even in flat boots my little feet gave up!

I hope you find some inspiration in these images for your own cherished place!

You might also like:


2 comments:

  1. oh Laura loving the bling lighting its swwon worthy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I absolutely loved all the lighting. Amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete