Luxury does not have to equate to expense with some clever know how and designer tips.
Here are some of my quick top tips to create a low budget luxurious bedroom.
1. Wallpaper. Adding wallpaper will dramatically change a room. Wallpaper does not have to be expensive and if you work with a feature wall the cost is reduced even further.
2. To create a luxurious style with impact op for paint shades such as grey or taupe. The deeper the shade the more dramatic!
3. A bed for Royalty. Create a show stopping bed to be the focus of the room. Layer cushions upon cushions and throws for that boutique hotel style. If everyones eye is on the bed, you won't notice the budget finishing touches.
4. Statement Headboard. If your bed does not have a headboard it is worth purchasing one. Large fabric and leather headboards are stunningly visual and finish your perfect statement bed. If you cannot invest think about creating your own headrest or back drop - watch this space to find out how!
5. Layer textures. Use a combination of cheap and 'expensive' cushions, throws and accessories no one will know the difference when combined.
6. Re-use! Rather than buying new try to re-use items which already exist in your home. For example, I required some glass jars and trinkets for jewellery and personal possessions for my pretty dressing table. I found some glass ramekins in my cupboard which we never use and have displayed those filled with pearls and crystals, cost - Zero!
7. Perception. Incorporate finishing touches into your room which people will perceive as being expensive. Such as glass, mirrors and crystals. Rather than buying new and expensive try local markets and sales for mirrors, they can be picked up at a fraction of the cost. Why not try your hand at sewing crystals to cushions too? Cheaper and rewarding.
Follow my blog with bloglovin