Monday 4 March 2013

Rugs

After completing the renovation on our kitchen and living room and arranging the main pieces of furniture I am now sourcing the final touches - the pieces that make it a loved home, inject personality and character into a room.

Images; Pinterest
Rugs have the power to complete a room, bring everything together and create a finished product. I am currently trying to find a rug for both the living room and kitchen. Kitchen I hear you say! Yes! Our dining table is part of the kitchen and although I created a lighting plan which incorporated a pendant over the table to zone the space, the rug is another way which I can divide the space between the function of cooking and pleasure of dining; it will also feel more luxurious underfoot. And while on my quest for the perfect rug, I thought i'd share some inspiration. Not only do I adore these rugs......... the second image below would be perfect but the art in these images are stunning!



Images; Pinterest
Patterns are definitely big at the moment, especially black and white stripes and chevrons but whether you love plain and classic, bold and boho, stripes, circles or squares?! there is a rug that will make your home! I've been saving all my favourite rugs while product sourcing and although i've not yet found my perfect rug (well, within budget) I'll be sure to share them with you this week!
x



1 comment:

  1. best line is here..

    Our dining table is part of the kitchen and although I created a lighting plan which incorporated a pendant over the table to zone the space

    ReplyDelete