Wednesday 16 May 2012

Exposed Brick Interiors

The sun is shining, I'm feeling inspired and I wanted to share with you all. And, let me tell you, it feels good to be blogging again! I've been missing in action for a while now.

My inspiration today comes after looking at designs for my own home. After 5 years, the husband and I are finally looking to develop and improve our first home........ with a view to sell in a couple of years! So, you can be assured there will be plenty of posts coming up on my own home and the dilema of improving to sell without blowing a budget.













I have spent some time recently gathering images for mood boards for my home and have noticed that I am very drawn to texture and contrast.
I especially love exposed brick walls, if you follow my pinterest or facebook pages you will see brick popping up everywhere! Teamed with warm wood and leather it's a match made in heaven, I especially love brick against a white wall and combined with metal, It brings so much warmth into a room.

Brick never fails to impress whether being showcased in a masculine environment, industrial or a more feminine room teamed with soft shapes and delicate fabrics, which is my personal favourite, again, it is all about those layers of texture.


Images: Pinterest

You might also like:

1 comment:

  1. YUM YUM YUM and loads more YUMMINESS :) all these images are stunning! I couldn't ever get bored of exposed brick interiors! I will have my exposed brick walled bedroom one day.
    Have a great weekend Laura.
    Stu

    ReplyDelete